03-20-2022, 03:33 PM   #104
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
My sump pump outlet power monitor and HA alert system got a workout today. The in-laws stopped by for a visit, and helped my DW to re-route the temporary sump pump outlet line that she ran when the former outlet pipe became plugged. They tested it by flushing the water heater tank into the sump pit, and I collected enough live wattage data to set non-falsing thresholds for the alert triggering automations.

In case anyone is curious, the pump was using 570 watts on start-up, and used at least 411 watts the whole time that it was running. I set the alert threshold to 150 watts, which should hopefully eliminate the occasional false alerts that I was having with the threshold set to 0.1.....
Back in my geoscience days, I used a similar system to control a sparge and vent groundwater treatment system. If the compressor pumping air into the ground or the pump sucking air out of the ground were working too hard, there was a cutoff switch that would trip. Used the same wattage threshold system.

When I think of the "home" automation systems we could have set up in those trailers if we'd had today's technology back then. Would have saved us a lot of traveling to check the systems.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615283.00