Onizukachan
Great Teacher
Rep
Drives: 06 e91 325ix

Garage List
2006 E91 325ix  [10.00]
2006 Mini r53 JCW  [0.00]
2005 Mini r53  [0.00]
Interesting, I have a hue outlet plug on my patio’s string lights, and they turn on at dusk and off at 10… but I have a hue sensor so they will turn on for 5 minutes if there is motion in the patio/ backyard front 10 to dawn as well.

Similar for my front alcove and front outdoor lights, they are hue as well except the sensor is in the alcove facing the front door for no false positives, and they run dimmed off white sunset to sunrise so they fit in with neighbors standard lights, then turn bright white when someone comes to my front door.

My wife wanted a skylight in the hallway, which is impossible so I did the hue white lights which fade on a little before she goes to work at 6am to bright white and then fade out around 9pm when I get off work.

I have the myQ adapter for the garage door, so my wife can open or close the garage door from CarPlay on her Atlas.

Other than that I have a smart wall switch/dimmer for the bedroom and a couple outlet switches for nightstand lamps as it is nice to get cozy and then ask Siri to turn off lights.

I switched to ecobee from nest and like it much better with the extra sensors in the bedrooms, and it works with HomeKit, plus I have the HomeKit doorbell cam so on the appletv It shows you who is at the door in a pop up window when someone rings it.

That’s about it. Don’t really need anything automated since we WFH now permanently

A few OEM+ mods:
MTech front bumper, MSport wheel & handbrake, 4AD trim, full rear shades, more to come…
Appreciate 0