04-24-2019, 09:50 PM   #5
GhassanAutomotive
Private
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

Response to the blackmail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stomper63 View Post
This Ebay seller, Ghasson Automotive ripped me off! I bought an N55 engine from this seller as he has it listed N55 Engine Available for $3995. I called him and talked with him and he asked me to wire $6195 which would include the $3995 for the engine, $1500 core charge for my old engine, and $700 to ship his engine to me and the return shipping of the core. I immediately made the payment and he told me it would ship in 4 days. This was my first mistake as I should have made the transaction via Ebay instead of a wire. I had to rent a car for the time being. After 4 days I call to see if the engine has shipped and it is a challenge to get in touch with them. Ghasson says the engine did not ship yet but it will ship shortly. A week later I call him and he still has not shipped the engine. He now says it's due to weather so he could not ship the engine yet but it will ship by Friday. I call Friday and send text messages but no reply. I get in touch with him the following Monday and he says he will ship the engine express. I paid this seller on February 12 and didn't receive the engine until March 6. It took 22 days to receive this engine after he stated that he would ship it in 4 days after my payment. In the mean time I rented a car for $51 a day thinking it would be 4 days plus installation. I paid $1210 in car rental fees during this ordeal just to receive the engine. Finally, we receive the engine! The mechanic sends pictures and says the engine is very dirty and doesn't look like a rebuilt engine. The mechanic installs the engine and the engine does not work and it was leaking from the upper oil pan. I have a hard time getting in touch with the seller so I am worried. I finally get in touch with him and he wants to assist the mechanic to get the engine running. The mechanic said he was getting a camshaft code. After going back and forth for almost two weeks, nothing is getting solved and I am still paying for a rental car. The mechanic then says he doesn't have the time to devote to the engine because he wasn't getting any assistance from Ghasson Automotive in determining the issue. I then take the engine to my personal mechanic who says he would try to fix it. I had to pay the previous mechanic $1800 to remove and install this engine and then it doesn't work. Now the engine is at my second mechanic. After diagnosing the engine, he finds out that the intake and exhaust camshaft sprockets were put in backward. The exhaust and intake were switched around causing the car to not run. I had to then pay this mechanic an additional $1600 just to remove the sprockets and put them in the proper order. When I inform Ghasson Auto they first say that they did not do this. I show him a video of the whole process and he tells me this is not his engine. How could this not be his engine after I paid $6195? The whole process has taken 2 months to get this engine finally operating correctly. I asked Ghasson to at least allow me to only pay the $3995 charge for the engine and return the core fee of $1500 and the core return shipping fee of $350. I have not shipped him my core and asked for the core shipping charge of $350 returned but have not received it. He is very hard to get in touch with and is telling me it is not his engine. I would never do this to another person. I had to rent a car for 2 months because he did not send the engine until almost a month later and when I receive the engine it was not in working condition. I would have to pay someone to remove the engine and then ship back to Ghasson so I decided to let the mechanic fix the sellers error. Ghassoon keeps saying it's not his engine but wants to help me out and send me back $1500 for the issues that we had. Well as you can guess, he never sent the$1500 back and he never sent my $350 for shipping back either. I'm sure some people have good transactions with this seller but if something goes wrong, you bet he will not own up to the issue and blame everything on you. So much has gone crazy with him that it's so hard to give exactly every detail. I'll chock this up as a loss but home others do not get scammed by him.
Carl & Mechell Burgette purchased an engine from Ghassan Automotive to replace the engine in their used BMW 535i, the engine failure was covered under a used car dealership's warranty and was to be replaced by the used car dealership's mechanic. We shipped Carl & Mechell Burgette a fully remanufactured engine to the used car dealership's mechanics per their request, we then did not hear from Carl & Mechell Burgette till they called saying that their mechanic is saying that the engine was leaking oil from the head gasket and bedplate (named upper oil pan by the used car dealership mechanic). We proceed to take these claims seriously and asked the mechanic if the engine was mixing the coolant with oil, the mechanic said that it did not mix but insisted that the head gasket was leaking oil. The used car dealership's mechanic also noted that there was an issue with the engine timing yet would not attempt any repairs or diagnosis even with our shop offering to pay for said repairs and diagnosis. We were not able to get the used car dealership's mechanic to cooperate and attempt to fix the vehicle, so Carl & Mechell Burgette decided to remove the car from the used car dealership's mechanic and take it to a trustworthy mechanic. That mechanic's name is Arthur, Arthur then confirmed that the engine, in fact, did not leak from the head gasket nor did it leak from the bed plate, Arthur found that the camshaft vanos sprockets were mixed, two parts that are clearly identifiable via part number or markings designated to identify intake vanos sprocket from the exhaust vanos sprocket. Arthur also found that the engine seemed to have used parts in it unlike our remanufactured engines, Arthur proceeds to confirm serial numbers with our records, the serial numbers did not match, indicating the used car dealership's mechanic pocketed the remanufactured engine and installed another engine that was not in good working condition. This explains why Carl & Mechell Burgette told us that the engine looked dirty. We proceeded to try our best to work with Carl & Mechell Burgette and help them in any way reasonable, Ghassan Automotive offered Carl & Mechell Burgette $1500 to assist with their misfortune despite having any liability in this claim. Carl & Mechell Burgette accepted this offer, Ghassan Automotive informed Carl & Mechell Burgette that we will not be responsible for this engine as it is not the engine that we sent and we cannot warranty it, Carl & Mechell Burgette understood this and accepted this outcome. Carl & Mechell Burgette then refused to properly execute a contract stating exactly what was agreed to over the phone. Ghassan Automotive then was threatened by a blast of bad reviews if we do not give them the $1500. Ghassan Automotive insisted that a properly executed contract was required, but Carl & Mechell Burgette denied. Carl & Mechell Burgette since started to post negative reviews under false names.

In response to Carl & Mechell Burgette review directly:
*Ghassan Automotive did send Carl & Mechell Burgette a remanufactured engine.
*Ghassan Automotive does have a website, it is www.GhassanAutomotive.com.
*Ghassan Automotive never promised an engine being delivered within four days.
*The engine was sent in a timely fashion, there were some delays with the freight company but nothing outrageous.
*The engine was dirty/not assembled correctly because it was not the engine Ghassan Automotive sent but merely an engine the used car dealership's mechanic provided.
*Ghassan Automotive does not function out of "Uncles Junk Yard", Ghassan Automotive is the #1 BMW engine remanufacturing facility in the world with over 85,000 SQ FT facility, we are open to the public and anyone can visit us at 1000 W Knipe Ave, Perkins OK 74059 or contact us directly at 405-780-1105.
*We have tried to assist Carl & Mechell Burgette with this situation as soon as they brought it up to us, never did 24 hours pass without communicating with Carl & Mechell Burgette, even phone calls past 9:00 PM on a Sunday.
*The serial number given to them is a serial number that can be confirmed with BMW of North America and is not a "bogus serial number." In our years of the automotive business, we have never seen serial numbers being posted on the bill of ladings; we may adopt this to ensure this scenario never happens again.
*Ghassan Automotive never made any ridiculous demands, throughout this whole process we've only requested confirmation of serial numbers after Carl & Mechell Burgette sent us pictures of the engine
*Ghassan Automotive needed Carl & Mechell Burgette to sign a contract stating that we are not responsible for this engine that did not come from our facility, not what Carl & Mechell Burgette are claiming.
*Ghassan Automotive does not "do this often" Ghassan Automotive built over 800 BMW engines to this date with a flawless reputation, we strive to push for outstanding, record-breaking performance and not sending "dirty engines" with vanos gears installed backward.
*Ghassan Automotive does not threaten anyone.
*Ghassan Automotive did confirm that Carl & Mechell Burgette left the fraudulent review left by Marquis Gonsalves.
*Ghassan Automotive is not a fraud as Carl & Mechell Burgette, it is safe to say that the dealership's mechanic committed fraud on Carl & Mechell Burgette and Carl & Mechell Burgette decided to attempt to blackmail Ghassan Automotive.
If anyone has any question regarding this review, please contact me via phone:405-780-1105 or email Ghassan@ghassanautomotive.com, and I will be happy to provide any information requested.
Appreciate 3