View Single Post
      03-17-2020, 04:27 PM   #15
GhassanAutomotive
Private
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine_M5 View Post
Can Vouch for my horrible experience with this scammer Ghassan Auto, here is my experience..

*I have decided to post this horrible experience and review on the BMW forums so that other members do not make the same mistake i did by going with these guys for an engine rebuild!! You can find negative info on the owner on google along with honest bad experiences and claims filed against them!

HORRENDOUS Experience!!! Do not believe the good reviews!!! I would have used Pure Performance TX!

First, let me begin by stating I have no idea where this guy gets his positive reviews, as seen on other negative reviews everyone seems to claim similar things. Must be written by friends or family. I will try to make this short as possible. On October 11th of 2019 I unfortunately decided to wire $12,000 to Ghassan Automotive and was told by front desk manager (Zoey) I would have a new engine in 2-4 weeks. She actively tells me about the bad state the company is in currently, shortly after several office managers walked out on Ghassan. On November 22nd, 2019 I finally had received an engine at my credible German car Shoppe who would soon begin the install. Shortly after I was notified of missing timing cover bolts (not a huge issue). A few days later the engine is installed, and my shop cannot get the car to stop misfiring nor have any boost. Turns out the camphasers were installed completely incorrect and backwards! Ghassan owns up to his mistakes and has the car & engine shipped to his shop to correct. I was told I would have the car back in less than 2 weeks as it would be a "priority". The car arrived to them December 16th and I received it back January 8th. Upon receiving the car, I started getting check engine lights within the first 200 miles for the car running lean, running rich etc.…It is continuously at the BMW dealership trying to get this resolved. Upon the car being inspected they notice the entire radiator support is disconnected along with the core support bracket un attached and all missing bolts. Literally the entire underbelly of the engine is moveable! BMW had thought the car had been in a front end-collision. After practically harassing and getting into a pissing match with Ghassan he agrees to pay for half of the cost $600. Two weeks later I have the car back into BMW for rich codes and lean codes popping up consistently, several diagnosis fees ($189) later BMW discovers the downpipes not being seated correctly causing a huge air leak. I was not surprised by this as the car was having an extremely gassy smell along with very reduced power. I have put approximately 1,000 miles on the car since receiving it back from Ghassan Automotive. It has been non-stop battles with the guy to cover what he has touched. But again, he is sure to mentioned he didn't touch anything. It has been non-stop issues arising since getting the car back. If I could look back, I would have never gone with this company!! Mentions he has just under 10 claims against him…that is in two years of being in business my friend. That is not good or a small business. Nonetheless Ghassan is a scammer!! If he isn't a scammer then he sure runs a horrendous business. At this point I have thrown in the towel. This guy is your worst nightmare. I have worked diligently and respectfully with them for so long. It was all a nightmare the moment I received an incorrectly built engine to my shop. If you have any questions about my horrific experience with this shop you are more than welcome to reach out to me.
Below you can see all the additional cost I have had to put into my car after receiving it from Ghassan. Absolutely Ridiculous! Lesson learned, if I could have gone back, I would have gone with PURE PERFORMANCE TX. Messaged the guy over Instagram, super solid guy and great work.

-Ghassan claims he is not liable due to these issues not being a "Warranty item"
-Blames my shop who I have used for 5+ years and has been in business for 12+ years for the exhaust not being installed correctly or brackets mounted. If the car happened to even come to you with things missing, why wouldn't you mention this to the customer, Ghassan? Pretty extensive list of things...
-Their own office manager texted me two weeks ago about their bad business practices and implementing a way to reduce their issues and cost as it takes up "majority of her time"
-Have all screenshots of text communication, pictures of car being worked at my shop and Ghassan shop. My Shops technicians have all picture proof of the car being worked on daily.

Alignment $135 , Missing rivets $30 , missing engine M cover $250, Missing splash guard $225, Exhaust not connected $1460, Radiator core support $600 and metal brackets not attached
Where do we start with our horrendous experience with Mr. Dalton Schaub, we shipped an S63TU engine to Dalton, the engine was installed by "The German Car Shoppe." Upon installation, the shop found our that the vanos units were installed incorrectly, we immediately shipped Mr.Daltons vehicle on our expense to our facility, got the issue corrected, tested the vehicle for 300+ miles, and shipped the vehicle back on our cost. This is where our horrible experience started: Upon receiving the vehicle, Dalton called our shop and started to use almost every curse word available in the dictionary, telling us that his vehicle is leaking fluids. We tried to calm him down, telling him that the vehicle left our facility with no leaks or issues and that we would be able to help him either way! Nothing we could have done to slow the rain of curse words and the yelling from Mr.Dalton, he did not calm down until he found out that the delivery driver accidentally cracked his transmission pan, the issue was fixed at no cost to Mr.Dalton, and he was a happy camper since then! Weeks go by with him happily modifying and enjoying his new engine, then he gets the word about his core support being loose, he again goes on a fit of rage and would not accept any explanations. Ghassan himself had to spend hours corresponding with Mr.Dalton, including over an hour of FaceTiming Mr.Dalton, to show him proof how the loose part, is not a part we have ever worked on. The German Car Shoppe installed the engine by removing the front clip of the car, aginst BMW instructions, they claimed no fault. Yet, it is a part only them touched, Ghassan Automotive ended up helping Mr.Dalton by paying for half the bill to get Mr.Dalton to calm down and stop harassing the staff. Again, all is fine and dadny until the next unrelated issue. The downpipes The German Car Shoppe installed had loose clamps, which caused the car to run poorly due to wrong O2 sensor reads, again we tried our best to explain to Mr.Dalton that we are not responsible for other shops faults. We tried our best to explain to Mr.Dalton that this is a part we did not install nor work on.

Overall, Mr.Dalton has a very healthy remanufactured engine; he is complaining about parts installed by another shop (The German Shoppe). He would not accept any explanation, even when presented with video evidence, photos, BMW instructions, etc. Mr.Dalton wants Ghassan Automotive to pay for other shop's mistakes, and that is simply unrealistic, it is regrettable to have an unsatisfied customer. We aim to keep all our customers and the car community very pleased.
Appreciate 0