View Single Post
      03-25-2017, 02:00 AM   #8
dclin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: FD3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by HXS View Post
Nothing that spacers can't fix! Nice wheel set for a decent price. Good luck with the sale
Here's the thing, you don't even need to put spacers for these to sit slightly more aggressive than stock.

This set that I am selling, if installed on a M5, would have a 5mm wider track on either side of the rear, without spacers, and 5mm wider track on either side of the front (compared to the stock 20" wheels) - again, without spacers. It's just simple math.

Can you go wider on the M5? Sure. But at least with this set the front is the same as stock, and the rear is 1/2" wider. From everything that I've looked up, you can go up to 9.5" up front and 11" in the rear on the F10 M5. I leave it to a buyer to decide if the 1/2" is worth an extra $6000-7000 in cost.

If I had an M5, wouldn't even be contemplating selling them. The issue I have is that the M6 Gran Coupe rearend is much wider. The stock wheel size is 20x10.5 ET19, so I would need a 15mm spacer (ET35 offset - 15mm spacer = effective ET20 offset - 1mm from stock) just to get it just sit at stock track width (20mm spacer to get the track 5mm wider on each side).

I could actually live with a 15mm spacer in the rear, but it's the front of the M6 Grand Coupe is what is getting me though. The stock M6 width 9.5" up front, and this set's front is 9" wide. That means I either live with the narrower width of this set on the front (which I am not going to do on a $150k car, sorry), or I have the front's rebarreled. Actually just found out from ADV1 that it's not as expensive as I thought to have them rebarrel, and that will be an option if it comes down to it. Or, I could trade in the M6 for an M5.

Nah. =)
Appreciate 0