07-20-2019, 08:39 AM   #31
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savageenterprise View Post
I don’t see why people make such a fuss about driving stick in traffic. I mean, it’s not some crazy hard car to drive and the clutch is light. I am on the younger side at 29 so I can understand older folks who don’t want to deal with it but To me it’s the same damn thing. It sucks that the sporty sedan manual segment is pretty much non existent now. I need 4 doors (got a little baby) and the more I hear about new cars not offering manuals the more I’m saddened. Maybe I’ll buy my lease out at the end if the deal is good enough just so I can keep it.

I feel like if I’m gonna be forced to drive an automatic I want a big body sedan that’s more luxury oriented or a truck.
I'm on the old side of 50... I had total knee replacement on my left leg in 2012. I was driving 2 weeks after surgery in my manual E90 325i... an 80 mile trip on 2-lane back country roads plus northern Virginia DC traffic (i.e. lots of gear changes). Driving a 3-pedal car, like age, is a state of mind.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 1