Drives: 2000 M5, 2001 M5, 2013 M5 6MT

Garage List
1990 BMW M5  [0.00]
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddyDaddy View Post
Hi all,

With my BimmerLink there is an error memory log. Had coil and plug replaced last week for misfires, had all errors cleared and confirmed with BimmerLink. I haven't had any misfires since dealer replaced plug and coil, but my error memory log shows 29 errors. Anyone able to give me insight on if these errors are benign or is something really wrong? Any insight would be really appreciated
Most of those codes look like there was a bad connection, loss of battery power, etc. You checked for codes after you picked up the car? Depending which coil/plug was replaced, they may have had to disconnect one of the DME's.

My only concern through all of those codes is you have an injector fault. Depending which cylinder it was, that may be part of your original misfire problem. Injectors are a known weak point on this engine. I wonder if you could tell them a driveability problem still exists and have them scan the injector code. With that code you may be able to get them to replace at least that injector if not all of them under the BMW provided extended warranty.
Appreciate 0