05-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #223
Rich65
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Singapore Grey M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
It actually really does have a different tone than stock. It's got that tone that you can only get from titanium metal, and it makes it very unique. I think it does sound good for what it is though but honestly I think the biggest benefit you get out of it, is exclusivity and bragging rights, and both of those come with the $8,000 price tag.

Final RPiM5 say is that it has a better sound than stock, but I still think the cracks from the stock exhaust are louder than the Akrapovic cracks.

What would be really really interesting to me though, is if Akrapovic designed another exhaust system with the same Titanium metal, but with no mufflers and/or no resonators. That WOULD sound very interesting as that titanium tone could really be brought out of its shell. Bu they'll never do this, because the exhausts they make have to comply with EU decibel noise level standards. Oh well. I guy can dream though.
Thanks Dave... I just cant see spending that kind of money for very little sound diffrence and bragging rights. Would rather spend less on a full Eisenmann Race setup and let the sound do the braggin for me. Still torn though between that and the full Meistershaft Stainless GTC.

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/m...-p-164133.html
Appreciate 0