View Single Post
      03-03-2019, 05:54 PM   #12
Skyman
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarBahn Autoworks View Post
OP and we spoke regarding the issues that he is having with the car. Here is some clarification, for everyone's benefit.

The CarBahn engine is first and foremost designed to be stronger so you can run more boost without a failure. We have lowered compression so you can run more boost and ported heads so it will flow more air when running high boost.

We also increase the flow of the direct injection pumps so you can flow more fuel which again will help you make more power.

That said, the engine itself is not what makes the extra power (vs stock); it enables you to make the power without worry of premature failure. The extra power after the engine is built comes from running more boost and keeping the charge air cool and tuning it correctly with software.

We will leave it up to OP to divulge the remainder of the conversation or not, but thought we should share the reason why we don't believe there is an issue at the engine level.
Steve Dinan at Carbahn called me. Great guy, super helpful. Fantastic customer service. Seems like the issue must be in the tuning. The clutches failed right when the car came back so were dealing with that now. Hopefully this can get solved and this car can run and make great power soon.... Been murphys law with this car. Hopefully nothing else breaks.

Really making me appreciate the ease of the RS3 and the power it makes! haha... but the fit/finish and drive quality is nothing compared to the M6.

I am sure the issue will be solved through additional logging. The tuner refused to give us any logs which is weird. So once the clutch issue is sorted out I'll post an update.

Hope to make ~850whp w/ high octane and 700ish on pump.

Thanks again to Carbahn for being so responsive.

Best,
S
2017 740I, JB4 - 12.91@111
1989 Saleen #406 - AWD, Boss 302 Coyote, 1200whp all custom build in progress.
Appreciate 0