03-05-2019, 06:59 PM   #17
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F31 340xi US Spec

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
Mission did tune the other car and it didn't make more than 650whp on high octane w/ stage 2 turbos. He since has moved on to SillyRabbitMotorsport turbos and I don't know where he stands. His opinion (right or wrong) is that he needs a different tune.

My car made 616whp on that low reading dyno. One issue is MP wouldn't even given the logs to our shop who they do business with regularly.

When I got the car back is wasn't making more than low 500's dynojet #'s.
Then the clutch failed so dealing with that first. Draggy did 12.5@118-119. Trap speeds don't lie

SillyRabbit is offering me a great deal on turbos too but right now I'm trying to figure out what to do on clutches. SSP wont even respond and I hear mixed messages on Dodson. I guess I am just going to have to go Dodson here soon.

Best,
S

I just got a text from one of old customers informing me about this post, so I think its only fair that we go on here and give everyone another side to this issue.

Let me just start by saying that instead of bashing someone or posting incorrect info about them, you should first reach out, make a phone call or send an email to figure out what is going on and why your car is not performing as it should.

From the start, the shop your car was built at has informed you that you wont be making any serious SAFE power on Cali 91 and stock cats, no matter what else you do to your car. Instead of listening to their advice of either going with proper exhaust or at least using decent fuel, you pushed to get the car done to "your likings". We are not in a business of blowing engines up (and have yet to blow up a single engine), so we error on a side of caution. We never push cars past limits we believe are safe and we don't chase some numbers a customer has stuck in their head. So based on that, your car was tuned to the best compromise between safety and power.

Your car was tuned remotely by us while it was in the shop's possession. We wanted to use decent gas for the dyno, but couldn't since you said you will only run 91. Even on not so good cali gas, your car made decent timing BUT quickly ran into problems with boost. As you see from your own logs, your waste-gate rapidly closes by 6K and boost-actual doesn't come close to boost-target, indicating you have too much back pressure. That is a Mechanical limit of your setup, not a "tune issue". Furthermore, your shop nor you has NEVER requested to see logs, so please don't put up false information unless you are willing to back it up. And just for your reference, here is your log:

https://datazap.me/u/missiontuning/1...7&zoom=126-181

Now lets get into your numbers game: You are stating that your M5 does 12.5 while a stock M5 does 11.4-11.9. So going by that statement, you actually lost power after that build, even though you had enough torque to fry SSP clutches and pushing over 21psi of pressure with 15degrees of timing. Your car did 615whp on a dyno that reads 450whp for stock M5, so thats over 165whp gains, and yet you personally are getting slower trap numbers then a stock car. Something just doesn't ad up here, does it?
Appreciate 0