View Single Post
      11-15-2016, 11:44 AM   #58
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tanglewood View Post
Side question, do you have a girlfriend? Would you post up some of your meal plans, snacks, and what a typical week might look like?

I ask about the girlfriend because for me that changes everything. It's fairly easy (kind of) to restrict yourself and your own diet, but when you have another person in the equation who you must eat meals with, etc, I feel like it becomes an infinitely harder task.

Add to that my girlfriend is a pescatarian, so I can never share my easy protein meals (chicken, turkey meatballs, etc.) with her.

Any advice is helpful. I have been really active in crossfit for a couple months. I'm almost 5'-10" but have been stuck around 185lb due to my sugar and late-night eating addictions. I also drink pretty regularly, having at least one drink every other night. I have seen some awesome gains in crossfit, but I think they are all hiding under the extra 15-20lb of fat I have been sustaining, so I really want to start seeing the results of my labor.
I'm the same height and weight as you and also find the sugar at night is a detriment. I would say I have an extra 5lb of fat that would be good to be off and I find if I cut the sweets for a week or two this happens. I think alcohol has less to do with it even though it turns to sugar, I still put them away pretty well. Beer is worse on the alcohol thing.