View Single Post
      07-27-2020, 10:42 PM   #139
Jonzny
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSociety View Post
You're such a loser lol, these cars bend rod stock or with any tune.
The OP, obviously just got a car doesnt know the history was probably already beat up to its limit.

How much are you getting paid ?
Just saw this.

FWIW, I had that car for over a year at that point.
All maintenance was up to date. Oil changes every 5k miles.

The tune was a BM3 OTS Stage 1. No other mods to the car other than a Dinan muffler.

Car had maybe 5hrs of engine runtime with the tune before rod knock. I do not believe this would have happened on a stock car or with a piggyback. Whether it was a spun bearing or a bent rod I have no idea, did not want to rebuild the motor.

Good news for anyone that does blow their motor in the first 5 days, BM3 will give you a refund! Your options at this point will be unload the car or spend months rebuilding costing you about 50% of the cars value, or buy a used engine for roughly the same price and do a swap.

Clearly blown motors don't happen to everyone. But be warned I have been in the community for some time and even before buying the F10 I was warned the motors like to blow, from ppl at BMW and ppl that own BMW shops, they see spun bearings all the time. I personally knew at least 3ppl with S63s that have blown. Just figured it wouldn't happen to me. It seems you are in the NY area, assuming you are somewhat in the BMW crowd around here I am sure you have seen more than your fair share of blown S63s

Unfortunately the S63 blowing itself up isn't preventable. (S55 crankhub fix, S62 Rod Bearings, S54 Vanos)

Last edited by Jonzny; 07-27-2020 at 10:48 PM..
Appreciate 0