01-02-2018, 08:42 AM   #10
wrsbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ferrari 488 Spider

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebishman View Post
Congrats on the new FFRR; great looking car, a shame about the way you were forced to have to buy it though. However, it goes to show how strong the RR's are to have taken a damn good hit and protected your family as well as it did.

Bish
Yeah, my wife was really happy with how strong the RR is. They are well built.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots View Post
I'm glad your wife didn't get hurt William.
Thanks Brian, she was pretty shocked at how the impact just took control of the car away from her. She was sitting at the light and when the impact occurred the wheel was ripped from her hands and the car was lifted off the ground then forced into the divider. The guy admitted to be going about 40 when he hit her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireM5 View Post
Congrats on the new one, glad to hear your wife walked away ok.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkim119 View Post
I've had 3 RR's when BMW owned them and drove 100K on each of them. I just adore these British brutes.

Did your 2015 run into any problems at all? I know the brand is run by "Tata" now and wondering if there is any ill effects from the take over...
We had no problems with the 2015, was planning to keep it to at least 50k and probably longer. We had 30k on it in two years owning it. This is the car we put the most miles on, the other two get driven less and stay in the garage. It's a great DD, great on trips and really good off road. We did just complete a fairly extensive service on the 15 for brake pads, new tires, oil and filter, etc.
Appreciate 0