Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsNumptyBoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
7 pages and no one said it...

"That'll buff right out".

Glad to see these people are alive and hope they are well. To those who decry this type of behavior on the autobahn, get off it. Those types of speed happens every day over there. It's your choice to do so when you are in an unrestricted zone. Suppose the road was clear and conditions were good but some asshat decided to pull over without looking? clearly the guy had his lights on to warn other drivers.

Accidents happen at the speed limit, even when there isn't one.
Thankfully, worldwide without exception, the legal position is diametrically opposed to yours!!!

Firstly, it's NOT the Green Hell......if you want true "participation by consent, with no speed restrictions" then go there FFS!!!
This is a public highway, where the over riding factors, irrespective of posted limits, is the requirement to uphold a driving standard that shows a duty of care to ALL users. Driving, on any public highway, is NOT a consent based sport!!

This tool approached a clearly visible on slip, an "actual danger" in advanced driving terminology, and predictably, an emerging car joined the main carriageway. It is highly probable that the emerging car would have difficulty seeing the oncoming M5, and YES, may be displayed an element of neglect or less than ideal observational standards.......BUT, the tool in the M5 approach this hazard at V-Max......that being 280 feet per second!!!! That's 280 FEET PER SECOND!!!!!!!!!!!
With an average reaction time of AT LEAST 1.5 seconds (and on occasion as much as 3) that's 420 to simply PERCEIVE the emerging car before inputting any braking or steering!!!

At the very LEAST, there was a predictable 100mph differential between the M5 and any vehicle that might emerge.....more so if it were to be a heavy goods vehicle or a 1.6l family box!!

I conduct the forensic reconstruction of fatal collisions for a living.....and this guy is wholly culpable for his injuries and those of his passengers......and had anybody died then he would also be facing a stint in a very small room with bunk beds!!

Take it to the track people.........
Also very true. Ive hit 170 indicated in my car but only for a very short period of time and with no cars in sight. Coming home from work I could cruise at 110 to 120 pretty easily due to not much traffic on A70, but even then I had to be very careful of the on/off ramps. I wish them a speedy recovery, but at those speeds on a public highway.. You are being reckless.
Appreciate 0