RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwlmd
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealStig View Post
Has anyone listened them back to back? Is the Harman Kordon in M5 same as the base system in 535? How do they compare overall? If you don't listen your music in high volume, can you tell them apart or is the difference worth 3700? So relatively speaking, the 2200 entertainment screen option is considered to be a waste of money by a lot of people. Does B&O fall under that category?

95% of the time when I drive, my wife and daughter are in the car with me, so I can never keep the volume higher than 15-20%. No doubt the B&O is astonishing when you go above 50%, but in my use case, I'm trying to figure out if it's worth the price premium.

Thanks.
I honestly think if you ask this question then you should skip it. The base system in the M5 is the HK upgrade in many other models including the F80 M3.

I personally always buy the best sound available... but there is a breaking point! For example would I pay $7000 for Burmeister sound on a 3 year S63 lease? I don't know.
Realstig,

This.

Also, come on man. You're not a newb to these forums. This topic has been addressed so many times I'm starting to get Deja Vu.

We love helping you out but you gotta work with us bro. Ummm K.

Also, since you already pointed out that you drive with your family a lot in the car the B&O would be a waste of money. It's one of the only systems I've ever heard where the more you turn up the volume the better sounds. Most people who are passengers in cars don't want to hear your music blasting in the car, unless it's a bunch of teenage girls and you are playing the latest Bieber song. Lol!

Seriously thought the HK in the M5 is very good and better than the Logic 7 in the previous E60 M5 and better than the HK in the F80 M3. I love my B&O but I'm alone in my car 99.99% of the time so I really get to enjoy it. If you end up getting an M5 with the B&O you'll appreciate it when your on solo drives the most. Like my RPi GTM exhaust with catless downpipes the B&O sound system gets VERY LOUD with it's 1,200 watt amp. It's incredible, and worth every penny, but why get it if you can't enjoy it, like most people who don't want to do Straightpipes on their M5?

Cheers bro.

Appreciate 0