Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 991.1 911 GTS, '16 F85 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlammedM6 View Post
Nice to hear that you found yourself an enthusiast as a car salesman!

I believe the changes will be significant, not a complete changeover but significant enough to make the wait worth while (if waiting is an option).

At least with the F10 M5 LCI, you know you won't have an outdated M5 until at least 4-5 years. Even if a new 5 series comes out, the M5 will still be a year or 2 away from then.
Yea waiting just doesn't seem to be possible for me personally - timing it in March works out for so many reasons. If I were flexible would I wait, definitely, as I too like the latest and greatest. But knowing it could happen is half the battle, I know its coming so I can't really be too upset. Plus, as someone else mentioned, you cant spend your time constantly waiting, as something new is always coming along. I do disagree that BMW should change a car after just one production year in its biggest market.

Curious, are you going off a hunch when you say you believe the changes will be material or have you read otherwise. From what I've read so far, and nothing is official, it sounds like minimal changes to the F10 M5, unless I missed something. Perhaps LCI is fitted to regular F10s then not until 2015 for M5's, couldn't that be a possibility?