View Single Post
      08-09-2019, 08:58 AM   #6
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: None

OpenFlash who might jump from car to car selling tunes but they at least own and develop their tunes on the cars they are developed for.

The price well as you know around $900 which is market value for a stage 1 tune.

Paying $3500 for a tune no matter where its from is dumb if its just a generic tune, unless the tune is written in real time whilst your car is on a dyno and hours are spent personalising every data point then its generic.

I do trust openflash as they always state they dont chase numbers for the sake of having the highest on the market.

I also felt confident that I was able to datalog from the OFT tablet and they then checked data like the air/fuel mixture is correct

I maybe wrong but I have not heard of an OpenFlash tune blowing up engines, certain people didnt like the Stage 1 V2 version

Maybe anything more than a Stage 1 on the S63 engine is pushing it.

Dont think that paying $3500 for a tune means its a good tune, it doesnt. So the engineer is from Germany and is linked to BMW..... what exactly does that even mean, probably nothing if you really asked a lot more questions.

As Dwaynos said Evolve maps are proven again and again and there are probably very few people in the UK who have the experience and development time with an M5 S63 engine and their maps are $900

Last edited by OneExtra; 08-19-2019 at 09:44 AM..
Appreciate 2