04-18-2021, 08:30 PM   #127
Mr Pete
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3 4.1, Golf R (daily)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Great race, seemed like Max was the only driver who didn't put a foot wrong.

Hamilton, while being one of the best if not the best ever, is unquestionably the LUCKIEST driver of all time. Outside of that pitlane incident in China years ago, the guy's luck is just absolutely astounding. I mean, you almost have to wonder if he's made a deal with somebody in the nether realm for the way his luck runs. No way he should have taken 2nd today, but through yet another bolt of lighting luck there he is. When you combine being great AND being lucky I don't know how the hell you can lose.
He certainly was lucky today. If we didn't have a red flag and restart, I'm positive he doesn't finish 2nd. He spent what seemed like an eternity trying to back out of the gravel near the wall on I believe was Tamburello. Then he had to pit to replace front wing because he thought he could turn his car around, which I could not stop laughing when he crushed his wing against the wall haha. So after aaaallll that time wasted, he still manages to finish 2nd? Red flag and restart, absolute dumb luck for him today at Imola.
Appreciate 3