04-26-2021, 06:24 PM   #9
AnotherM
Cole
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 m5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyKC View Post
Well after being upset with the car and focusing on house items it looks like the issue is from cylinder 3. Although I dont think it is an injector issue any more. Looks like I am getting blow by on cyl 3 causing the plug to fire improperly. Maybe it is something else but that was my first thought when seeing the oil on the plug.
What did the plug look like when you pulled it?

If you had a leaking injector, it would be wet and would smell like gas. It would also be black from poor combustion.

A leaking injector can cause a misfire at startup or cause misfires whil driving, but it should be very noticable. If you turn off cylinder 3 injector with your scanner does the idle change at all? If it is bad, you would likely not see a change.

Typically, whenever you do any work and than run into a not previously experienced issue, it is related.

The first thing to do is turn off the injector with your scanner and inspect the origonal plug. Next, move the plug and coil to another cylinder and watch the misfire counter. Did it move cylinders? If so, you have your answer, if not. You know it is likely the injector.
Appreciate 0