09-07-2020, 11:59 PM   #16
SCD-1983
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 Frozen Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3ch View Post
I'm interested. Especially for that price. Also I looked at that link above highlighting battery issues and realized that his remote started his car.....The one you are proposing for this group buy also looks like it has a remote start feature.....does that work with our cars (or because its not OEM we wont have that feature)?

Lastly the kies rep/owner was discussing the key they were thinking of selling and some issues with it (battery life of course being one, but the 24 hour time, metric vs standard, OEM comfort access not working and a few other things), can you speak to some of that with this key. I'm sorry about all the questions.
No worries, answering questions is part of the game

The key screen offers touch buttons to lock/unlock the car, open the trunk and remote start, but these features are not functional. In order to have these buttons fully active and remote start your car, you need to purchase a full kit with an external controller box and additional sensors. In order to remote start the car, the transmission setting, brake position and other parameters need to be monitored. Furthermore, one original key has to be connected to the controller box. I looked into the full kit, but opted against it, since the installation is quite an undertaking and one key is permanently hooked up in the car. It's possible, just a lot more pricey and massive installation effort!

The key offered here has all the features of a regular key, including comfort access. The profile saved to the original key is maintained by this display key, no difference to the original key in any way. In a nutshell, it works exactly like your current key, but additionally offers a touch display with access to vital car I formation, like range/battery voltage/mileage/window and door status/alarm status. It's really close to the original BMW Display key, just without remote start and parking feature.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask anything that's on your mind.
Appreciate 0