08-13-2022, 10:24 AM   #85
Blue Angel
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 323i and 2016 535d

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyfeller View Post
Some have expressed safety concerns because of the potential to create glare to oncoming drivers because of this missing baffle. I maintain what I've mentioned earlier; to this day I have yet to be "flashed" by anyone even once. And you know that most drivers won't hesitate to flash at you if your headlights make them uncomfortable or look different than the other headlights coming at them.
I've been flashed many times by oncoming traffic when my coded gfhb is engaged, and I also see plenty of light bleed illuminating the rear of the vehicle I'm following. I agree that it's definitely not as glaring to other drivers as misaligned headlights or a poor LED bulb retrofit can be, but it does not work as BMW intended it to in the markets it was intended for.

I was very close to ordering German-spec headlight assemblies for my car in order to have proper gfhb, but the cost is tremendous and the resale value of my used headlights is uncertain. For the amount of night driving I do on rural roads it's not worth it.
Appreciate 0