View Single Post
      04-26-2019, 06:54 PM   #27
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
That sucks ... but I hope the meter maid who did that realizes now that the ticket she wrote you has no legal basis because the car is registered elsewhere. She had no jurisdiction ... so you (assuming it was you) didn't have to do a damn thing except throw the ticket away.

With the exception of government pool vehicles and diplomatic registrations, license plates are mandated by states, not the Feds. And D.C. is not the Feds.
Yeah, it was a crock of $hit. The DC cops don't even write tickets for no front plate. I did ignore the damn ticket. But around that time, I was just put in the process to get my security clearance. So I had to pay the damn fine.

One of many reasons I hate DC. They're always crying for money but don't look at themselves as the biggest source of financial mismanagement. Every time I have to go into DC, I feel this constant tugging. It's DC trying to pick my pocket for every dollar I have.

ETA: Oh and I went through the appeals process. And of course the ticket was upheld.
Appreciate 1
Viffermike1753.00