View Single Post
      11-29-2016, 10:23 PM   #23
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderM5 View Post
i was afraid you'd say that Almaretto; i know you were active on the bimmerfest thread. is it because of the options or hardware version that makes it work for some and not others?
is it worth trying what jimmy9980 posted above? i don't follow what lemetier says is needed.
Basically, the coded variables have no affect on US vehicles. Unlike 2016 F3x with FLE which have a hardware limitation (& you will find individuals who claim to have a working system), it is not the case on the F010. Instead functionality is locked on a deeper level than FDL's. It is assumed, but untested, that flash programming would allow ECU's to pull correct values from relevant table mentioned in TMS comments and project the correct beam pattern.

I have seen no evidence of a fully functional system. Those claiming it to work, I speculate are assuming as such just because their lights are more active. However, even the group who developed working systems on F8x's and F15's initially assumed the system was working as designed until more critical individuals suggested otherwise and further work was needed to develop current and final "how to" pdf's.

I have a working model on my F15 and dysfunctional model on my F10. The ladder clearly does not tunnel and ends up glaring drivers.
Appreciate 0