View Single Post
      01-18-2017, 02:17 AM   #12
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConsumerFanatics View Post
IMO without knowing the specs of the B&O system, the DAC section of the DragonFly Red is better than the B&O system with the phone plugged into the USB. It just sounds better to me.

I have compared the DragonFly Red vs. streaming Bluetooth or iPhone internal using lossless FLAC files (16bit / 44.1 KHz), and the DFR plugged in via auxiliary is better.

YMMV. I just happen to have the DFR and tried it out and liked the results. I'm not trying to convince anyone to spend $200 just for this purpose. I use the DFR mainly with my headphones at work.
I neither have DragonFly or an IPhone, so I am not sure what either does.

BT Streaming and 3.5mm (alone) will always sound worse than USB; you might as well be listening to HD Radio or Satellite. If you do not wish to use USB and insist on playing from iphone, I assume DragonFly is the way to go.

It would be interesting to hear your comparison on same FLAC files using DragonFly vs USB flash drive/External HD. I am also curious if DragonFly USB end can be plugged into vehicle. Are music files not processed twice, once with device and second time through vehicle?
Appreciate 0