04-29-2016, 09:54 PM   #24
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 750 MSPORT & E90M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern X5M
I am sure you will be fine once moving and the IATs come down. But from a stop, drag racing or road racing you will get some heat soak and pulled timing. I am also sure those modified cars you mentioned are probably not pulling as much timing as say a stock car.
Once my wireless temp probe arrives, I will test the temp idle as well as moving.

Hey guys (speaking in general) there's no need speculate or bash. It was a $90 investment and it sounds amazing. Even if I lose a couple HP, it is worth it just for the sound. I'm just sharing my DIY, being a value added forum member. If you are not helping me gather real world data, your comments don't mean much to me or anyone for that matters.

Agree, OEM box without the charcoal element are hard to beat. Notice I didn't make any power gain claim, so no need to get all wound up on this thread. This is a simple and cheap DIY for those who want more turbo spool sound. As far as timing and heat soak, you guys have 0 data or facts to prove this for the F10 M5. Don't give me dyno facts either, as the car is running at a stand still.

I will prove or disprove my point with real world IAT data soon.

Cheers.