View Single Post
      10-11-2012, 05:52 PM   #152
EOA7
Rep
Drives: _

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Guys I don't get it, the whole point of a M5 is perfect blend of luxury, comfort and performance, yet you guys are stripping out all creature of comfort, utility -rear seats so it can be lighter and faster.

I get its your show case car for promo on parts but don't get why a buyer would do this. Notoriety and frame perhaps? It makes sense on your 911 but on a M5? Why? Start with a light platform first. I can start off with a dump truck and take off more weight than anyone can take off from a M5. Carbon fiber the truck bed, put in Recaro racing seats for driver seat, remove the rear bench seats.
We're car enthusiasts - autocross, track days, club race, shows, hanging out, whatever. Nothing we do with cars makes sense to the outsider especially in tough economic times. Does it make sense that I spent the equivalent of a new Honda Accord on my car last year - probably not. My wife didn't think so. But it's what we do, we like it. M3's, M5's, 911's etc are icons. I myself appreciate what IND is doing with the M5. Some of us don't need heavily padded seats, self closing doors, sunroofs, power trunks, and 20 million speakers in our cars. STRIP IT! Put a carbon hood on. Matter of fact - clear coat the carbon. Cheers IND.
Appreciate 0