View Single Post
      10-12-2012, 01:06 AM   #154
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOA7 View Post
We're car enthusiasts - autocross, track days, club race, shows, hanging out, whatever. Nothing we do with cars makes sense to the outsider especially in tough economic times. Does it make sense that I spent the equivalent of a new Honda Accord on my car last year - probably not. My wife didn't think so. But it's what we do, we like it. M3's, M5's, 911's etc are icons. I myself appreciate what IND is doing with the M5. Some of us don't need heavily padded seats, self closing doors, sunroofs, power trunks, and 20 million speakers in our cars. STRIP IT! Put a carbon hood on. Matter of fact - clear coat the carbon. Cheers IND.
No I get it, I am saying you get a better result starting off with a Cayman, Elise, 911 or a platform started with sporting/racing in mind versus a platform that had to do all. I am talking about ROI. Your R will higher starting with a lighter platform and in this case R is for race.

I especially get why iND is doing it. This is their promo. Unless someone gets off racing big saloon it doesn't make sense for most M5 buyer go to the extreme to buy a perfectly packaged car and rip everything out. Most will buy few parts of this total package and I think that justifies iND for doing it.