01-09-2020, 03:41 PM   #11
AirBull
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M5

Garage List
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Exclusion type policies are usually the way to go, but you really have to read the details of the specific verbiage provided in the contract that is presented to you. Print it out and go over it with a highlighter. Read about the specific process they layout for making a claim. Know your policy.

A big deal-breaker that I have run into with multiple quotes on extended service contracts is the aggregate limit of the policy. This is essentially the amount that they will pay over the life cycle (period of performance) of the contract. The sample contract posted on Patriot Warranty's website says "OUR aggregate limit of liability under this VEHICLE SERVICE CONTRACT for REPAIR COST or for any other purpose is the amount YOU paid for the VEHICLE."

When I called this morning, that was also what I was told. I too was able to get a good deal on a VSC and decided to try it. They asked for a copy of bill of sale when I bought the vehicle which I in my mind meshed with what I was told, about how the aggregate limit was tied to the purchase price of the vehicle.

After just getting around to reading the specific contract that I was presented earlier this morning, the verbiage for the same section III is, believe it or not, actually contrary to what they presented in their sample policy. In my specific contract, it reads "OUR aggregate limit of liability, the total of all claims and benefits paid or payable while this VEHICLE SERVICE CONTRACT is in force shall not exceed $15,000."

I called them back and they agreed to increase the aggregate limit up to $40,000 which ultimately for this price on the VSC, I believe is fair, but it should reiterate to you the importance to do your own due diligence: read your specific contract and know what it says. Be able to speak to it.

Born 02.27.2015 in Dingolfing

Last edited by AirBull; 01-09-2020 at 03:57 PM..
Appreciate 1