View Single Post
      06-16-2020, 10:38 AM   #19
mdimbler
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 750ix

Thank you all for your work on this! I also came across many posts saying it was not possible to code this on the F01 (mine is a 2015 750ix with Adaptive LED headlights). I went ahead and tried method 1 above using Bimmercode, and there was just one difference (**noted below):

Coding for 8S4 (VLD – works for both LED and Xenon):

Footwell Module > Expert Mode >

3073 LaMaster1 > LUT_FLC_FORWARDLIGHTING_Y > F025_mit_AFS 0x9C,0x9C,0x9C (select this radio button)

3073 LaMaster1 > C_FLC_ENA > F025_enable 0x01 (select this radio button)

Coding for 5AP (GFHB antidazzle - works for LED adaptive lights ONLY):

Footwell Module > Expert Mode >

3073 LaMaster1 > C_HBA_ENA > F025_enable 0x01 (select this radio button)

**3073 LaMaster1 > C_HBA_GRHB_ENA > F025_F25_LCI__F26 0x01 (select this radio button)

*3073 LaMaster1 > C_HBA_ADAPT_SHUT_ENA > F025_enable 0x01 (select this radio button)

*This was already selected in my module, so I left it selected.

**The second option for GFHB was slightly different on my car, but it was the last one on the list, just below what was already selected, and so I tried it and it seems to have worked. I theorized that if the one above was “disable” (as in other sections), the one below it must be “enable.”

I went out on the highways and back roads near my home (combination of city and country areas). I didn’t really notice the VLD in action, but the GFHB seems to be working as advertised. No drivers indicated they were disturbed by the auto high beam, and it looked to me to be working properly in all scenarios, both from behind as well as oncoming traffic. The night after I test drove, I had my wife take our van out as I followed her through about 30 minutes of the same scenarios, both behind her as well as coming at her from different distances, both city and backroad highways. She said she never felt like the lights were on the high beam setting, though she said she could tell when they moved slightly and could see the road lit on her left and right when I was behind her.

All in all, I believe it was successful. Thank you again!
Appreciate 1