10-01-2012, 08:17 AM   #14
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvigod View Post
So just to clarify if I get an iPhone 5 and use it on my F10 M5 everything will work right now except BMW Apps and video plugin? I have a 2008 M3 right now and really just use the BMW native ipod interface (artists, playlist, songs, etc). So all this will work same as it does on my M3 now, right?

I did buy BMW Apps but don't care if I have to wait for a cradle. As long as I have full phone and music I'm ok. I won't miss Apps or video out because I never had it. Maybe someday BMW will make a cradle for iPhone 5 and I'll get it for signal boost and apps
Everything will work, INCLUDING Apps, just not the PlugIn and video playback components. But every other aspect of Apps such as Pandora, MOG, and BMW Connected, has always worked over normal USB and will therefore continue to do so with the iPhone 5.

Don't bother with the cradle. I bought it and sold it several months later never having used it except to make sure it worked. You don't get much of a signal boost if any since the iPhone has never included an external antenna connector (leaving induction the only potential source of a boost), PlugIn doesn't work as well with the rest of iDrive and as you say, the native interface is good anyhow, and video playback only works while parked -- and who sits in a parked BMW to watch video anyway?

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0