View Single Post
      04-14-2016, 07:49 PM   #10
speedemn
Rep
Drives: Various - V8 - 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
I would always go for a standard OEM version of a car where possible. Reasons? Maintenance & Support, warranty, its been well tested as a package, its balanced, resale value.

For me its how the Comp Package comes together as a whole that is the value for me. How the steering and stiffer suspension work so well together giving more feedback, better turn-in response, superior adjustability, how the stiffer suspension and diff. maintain better traction and higher cornering limits, etc. etc. Comp pack has moved the whole car up a level in terms of performance, dynamic handling and enjoyment.

I think it would be tough to add various tuning parts to the car and have it perform in such a wholly well balanced way.
As well, in the UK standard cars are easier to insure and maintain.
I completely agree with this thought as well which is another reason this is a tougher decision for me.

However there is a certain peace of mind with Dinan... otherwise I would likely be looking at JB4 or some of the other options out there if raw power #s is all I was concerned about.

But certainly lots of merit in an overall from factory well balanced vehicle... just makes my decision harder to make.
Appreciate 0