View Single Post
      09-16-2007, 03:32 PM   #1
Maximus Decimus
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Couple personal pics of the E82 from IAA 2007

Went to the show and must say I've never been to anything like that ever before. That was/is a huge car show. The big problem though was there were so many people, impossible to get good shots. Tooks lots of pics and videos and lots of the E82. What can I say about the E82??? Of course like most bmw's it looks even better in person. The size is just right for me. It's not too small at all, but definitely is a compact car. Ingrees/egress is good, seating position and layout is classic bmw. I personally don't like the sedona red (very bronzy & orangy and really not that much red ), but the sapphire black (123d at the show) is very nice, especially with that coral red interior. Thats a head turning combo for sure.

The exhaust tips on the 135i are beautiful. Not sure what the material is, but very nice. My limited time rowing through the gears, its again what you'd expect, a bit too long, and a bit knotchy and unfortunately not weighted. Neither car at the show had the M interior bits, but the sport steering wheel feels nice and chunky. The sport seats are great (although nothing topped those in the S5 for all cars I sat in, those puppies just hug you so tightly when you sit in them and the leather is spectacular). Both cars (123 and 135) seem to have great braking systems, although the 135's looks to be superior. The trunk is more than adequate space wise with split fold down rear seats. Both cars attracted a lot of attention, and I'd say pretty equally from both women and men. Well enough talking, enjoy the pics. Intentionally not posting pics of angles things everyone has already seen a million times.

USB and Audio Input under the center armrest

Front stage

Here's a look at what the legroom looks like

Trunk

Under the trunk mat

Exhaust tips 135

Detail of the base 135i rim and brakes

Nice shot of the rear end

Appreciate 0