06-15-2019, 07:39 AM   #10
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirBull View Post
Mine as well. My AFE dry filters fit snug. They are very well constructed and claim equivalent filtration capacity with greater CFM flows. AEM also makes some really good dry filters, but they don't have any for our F10 M5. (They were actually bought by K&N and look very similar.) Definately don't see any reason to go with an oiled media filter, especially with the MAF's on our BMW.
yep no oiled filter, that was my advice from this forum by guys who nuked their MAFs with oiled filters. and I nuked one in a lexus when I was 18 and trying to be cool with the k&n.
along with the insight that once a quality dry filter is put in and the California emissions charcoal filter is removed, our oem intakes are the all around best intakes for this car because the most suitable aftermarket intakes are just clones of ours with some carbon fiber work and an extra inlet which sure will allow a lil more flow but not enough to feel.. the sound is what is the biggest difference with the exposed filter setups but heatsoak is an issue that way except with grill mounts
but those are worse than oiled filters bc the front grill mounted intake filters, those suckers tak in rocks and debris.. the tip of the filter even has opening with a thin wire mesh that as soon as it's perforated by a rock chip you are done. and not if, but when
Appreciate 0