08-07-2018, 12:01 PM   #19
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
I don't think (e) is helpful. Have you moved out into a hotel room or different apartment (see (f))? They probably reset the 7 day clock in (c) each time someone shows up to make a repair. If they get pushed, I suspect they might say their records indicate each time a problem was reported, they addressed it within 7 days and you are still living in the apartment, so...

As it sounds like you plan to do, I think you should have a professional / constructive discussion without threats.
The way I am approaching (e) is that technically the garage is intended for my car. Because of the issues, my car has had to reside outside due to its condition inhabitable by my car.

And you are correct on the time stamps. The time stamps within the online portal's log have been marked as "complete" generally within a day, possibly two, of the request first being opened. Their indication of "complete" is in actuality the time of their response. The first time the ceiling collapsed back in May, it took them over two weeks to complete the repair. Yet, the documentation within their log states they performed it in a day despite the reasoning for it to take them that long is to "wait for it to dry" even though they were able to perform the most recent repairs within two days.

The one that I keep focusing on is (d). The repair has not been made. There have been multiple attempts within plenty of time to fix the situation. They have all been band-aid repairs with verbal notice from the technician stating that it "cannot be fixed" and that these same perpetual repairs are consistent throughout the community. Here we are with the third leak since May, and I am fully expecting to see the ceiling on my garage floor with how badly it was separating this morning.
Appreciate 0