View Single Post
      08-07-2018, 01:13 PM   #20
catcher22
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

It's a rental and you're going to be gone by the time you know it. By the time you fight someone and get anything out of it, it'll be time to go. Also, you noticed it but still decided to go with the rental and now regret something about it (classic case).

I dunno, I'm a simple guy that doesn't like to make a big deal out of things, especially when I know they're temporary.

I'd immediately try to create my own livable workaround (flexseal, routing the water to exit somewhere else, tarp, paying a handyman a few hundred to create a workaround etc.) It's the garage for goodnesssakes, not your living room.

At the same time I would try to calmly talk to the landlord or rental company and negotiate a transfer to another unit, or a breach of lease without penalty. They deal with this kind of stuff all--the--time.

Other than that, I wouldn't even try fighting it. Even though it's bothering you a lot today, it most likely won't bother you the same amount 6 months from now when there's a foot of snow outside and your garage is freezing. You'll move on to worrying about other things and you'll be out of there before you even know it.

Just how I function, I fight the battles I can and simply move on when I can't.
Appreciate 0