09-06-2012, 02:36 PM   #37
Erich2142
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Ducati 848

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilia@IND View Post
I don't believe that the car has reduced power during the break-in period. BMW often runs cars to redline on chassis dynos before shipping cars to the customer and ultimately break-in is complete very soon after an engine is first run.

With that being said, I would still suggest that our clients follow BMW's suggested break-in procedure simply from a liability and warranty standpoint, but our own M5 will be modified well beyond the point where any future resale is possible, so break-in is not a concern for us.

I do believe that 4th gear's longer operating time on the dyno resulted in a touch more compensation for temperature and heat soak. This is likely why results were inconsistent in 4th. Ultimately our goal was to obtain a repeatable and consistent data set that we can use as a benchmark against future tests.

I would agree. Many of our clients are making well over 500 wheel horsepower on dynojet dynos.
What do you mean by "but our own M5 will be modified well beyond the point where any future resale is possible"? does that mean you will add machine guns and missiles 007 style??