Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 LeMansBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBob0047 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by YanoM5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBob0047 View Post
If you haven't already, go give the new m340i a thorough test drive you will be pleasantly surprised.
Thanks, but tbh the only think that will make me get over the new looks is if it has an M badge, it's AWD, pushing 500+hp
Well it's got an M badge, AWD, 400+ horsepower, is faster than the f80 M3, maybe even the f10 m5 before 120 mph, and has gone back to the M driving characteristics that made M cars M cars.
Have you driven an AWD high hp car? I ask because I always wanted an RS7 and finally bought one in late Aug. Fast forward to December, traded it in on an M6. The Rs7 is balls, straight balls fast. Great sound, brutally fast, really cool/sleek looks and can be launched repeatedly without skipping a beat.

That said, gets boring. It just does everything so well, except in the twistys, and doesn't get out of shape. For me, it wasn't engaging enough. Now the new F90 can be adjusted for RWD to let you play some, but take that into consideration. Putting the M6 in MDM allows traction to break loose and it's just an absolute joy to hear it crackle and bang while sideways.

Just something to consider. Go drive the RS3 before committing. Awesome car, stupid fast as well, but I bet it'll get boring.