View Single Post
      06-04-2023, 11:13 AM   #6
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

What is the date settings when you go into TIME/DATE in iDrive? Or did a previous owner code in a different date to avoid the 10k/12month warning?

Were these dates that far in the future when you first got the car…or did this occur after you attempted a service reset? If it did occur after you did a service reset…which method did you use…the instrument cluster or some software/app?

I’ve never seen the regular BMW CBS (condition based services) intervals not follow the normal 10k/12 month setting or 2yr interval for Brake fluid or mileage interval for the brakes.

But the statutory services that have the preceding squiggly lines icon (vehicle inspection and emissions inspection) can be set for any date by simply selecting the inspection, then pressing downward on the iDrive controller knob…then setting the date for the next service accordingly. But not everyone has the statutory inspections because they only are visible if they are required in the area the vehicle was originally sold…or moved to where it has to be added.
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 06-04-2023 at 11:23 AM..
Appreciate 0