United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amleto63 View Post
I really do not understand why not following the technology state of the art!
I see only drawbacks using the MT and I personally have no limitations with AT but benefits. And fast driving is much more efficient and funny using both feet for throttle and brakes control.
Just because there is newer 'state of the art technology' doesn't mean we all want to use it. The DCT is an impressive piece of technology and can certainly shift faster than a traditional manual, though it comes at the expense of driver involvement. Yes, you can still manually shift the DCT with the paddles or the console shifter, but the feeling is not the same as you get by rowing through the gears of a traditional manual accompanied by your footwork of the clutch brake and gas pedals. Those of us who still prefer the traditional manuals know the DCT is quicker, we just don't care. Other benefits of traditional manuals is that you have complete control of the drive-train, plus there is much less technical complexity to worry about compared to the DCT.

If I were able to afford a new M5, I would definitely be ordering it with a 6MT.