12-11-2021, 09:05 PM   #63
rockyfeller
King of NYC
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 704g30 View Post
Good news maybe, I talked with Vic who does my coding and he said this is possible on my car. So when he does the rear fog light coding Monday night for my LCI tail lights he's going to do the VLD and antidazzle at the same time. Fingers crossed!
Rear fog light coding is not necessary. What you actually need is hardware not software to get it to work.

It's all about the headlight switch. F10s have about 4 different possible variations of headlight switches.

M5s, as you know, don't have front fog lights. Therefore there is no control of any fog lights on the headlight switch on US cars.

Some cars, like the 535i/550i, have control for the front fog lights. (1 extra button)

Cars outside the US have variations of the switch has control for the rear fog lights as well. These are aka "Euro" spec headlight switches. So a euro M5 has 1 extra button for the rear fog lights. Other euro F10s that have front fog lights will have 2 extra buttons as pictured below. One button for the front fog light, another button for the rear.

You might be wondering, ok so is it plug and play? It is! It's all pre-wired and ready to go. No coding necessary. Another inexplicable thing we have been deprived of here in the US.

So all you have to do is get a switch on eBay, it's around $90-$300 (Chinese vs. OEM). If you're lucky you might land a used one for cheaper. The euro M5 one is hard to come by, the 2 button F10 is far more easier to find. The front fog light will be non-operational of course.

I haven't done this modification yet, but I will in the future.
Attached Images