x35250
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5, Monte Carlo Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachM5nster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by x35250 View Post
I feel your pain. Went through a similar experience with my old Subaru STI (though that's a much cheaper and easier to fix platform).

I know it's still fresh, but you'll go through the grieving stages - denial, anger, depression, bargaining, acceptance.

Please keep us posted. So many people hide their issues because of warranty concerns and they're trying to avoid keeping a digital footprint on the mods they did. With 60k miles, you're probably not in that boat.

I have 52k miles on mine and your post is scaring me into staying stock. I may still use the BM3 platform to live monitor even the stock condition. I read another post that even a stock motor will have tons of minor knock events as part of the normal knock detection and mitigation strategy.

Good luck!
I don't mean to be rude but you're not absolute idiot if you get me in three there's a much better option much much much better option and easier but I'm not gonna tell you you do your research like you need to do.

I've had my car for a little over two years now I think and I was reading about them on here for over a year before i bought and I kept taking mental notes of how many people has blown motors and also had BM3 .. startling how common,..

This guy now gets added to the death toll and if you go with bm3 you'll get added to it as well
I will use the BM3 to live monitor and datalog the STOCK map for the time being. It's no different than running stock except being able to SEE what the AFR, knock sensors, timing, fuel trims, etc. are showing.

Once I find a tuner I like that supports the BM3 platform, I'll get a custom dyno tune or e-tune that I can continue to monitor real-time and datalog to see for myself that all is going well.

You're happy with BPM and that's great. I'm truly happy for you. I also considered BPM and know Mike's customer service is legendary. He does great work.

For me, not being able to monitor or datalog certain channels at WOT is not an option regardless of who the tuner is or which company I use.

So, no, I won't be another victim to BM3's OTS maps, but I will gladly use their platform for future mods.

When I mentioned I heard good things about BM3, it was in reference to BM3 as a tuning, monitoring, and logging platform - like the Cobb AP - not BM3's OTS maps. There are plenty of exceptional tuners using BM3. The benefit is not only getting a custom tune, but being able to verify the tune is reliable and safe.

Trust but verify.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3812.50