07-20-2018, 08:09 AM   #4
usafmike
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 On Order (Aug Delivery)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
My wife and I are doing Euro Delivery on Wednesday, July 18 and driving to Heidelberg on Thursday, July 19. We have 3-day tickets for the German Grand Prix. After looking at various transportation options, we have decided just to drive from Heidelberg to Hockenheimring each day and park there.

We're looking for advice from anyone that has done this. It appears that there is lots of parking available, some free and some paid. We're not averse to paying for parking, as the available paid parking appears to be cheaper than taking the train, which has to go to Mannheim first, and driving and parking seems to be easier.

All of the information that I can find indicates that paid parking must be paid for in advance, but I can't find any links to where you actually pay for the parking.

Any help would be appreciated!
I went to the German GP at Hockenheim back in 2016. We stayed in Heidelberg and drove to the track Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We ended up parking down near turn 1 as they had a HUGE field to park cars in. We sat right across from the pits in the grandstands. The parking was free every day and traffic wasn't bad, but we did get there early. Hope that helps.
Appreciate 1