View Single Post
      09-02-2013, 01:08 PM   #55
bmw325i
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious21 View Post
Someone else had mentioned that they didn't think smoking twice a day was addicted. Ask yourself if someone needed to get drunk twice a day, would we consider them to have a problem.
You can't compare marijuana with alcohol. Alcohol impairs you much more than marijuana could. Also you have to look at tolerance. Somebody that has never smoked marijuana before would have alot stronger effects from it than somebody who is more experienced with it. Some people you wouldn't even be able to tell that they had just smoked weed, and you can still be productive even after consuming larger amounts of cannabis. You can't really say the same about alcohol. You can actually be more productive using cannabis than you would be without. For example washing dishes or manual labor are much more enjoyable with a little bit of Mary Jane.

I do see your point in how it could effect people negatively as it is a drug. I have seen it make some people irresponsible, but I think it mainly depends on how responsible you are to begin with, or how mature you are. It is natural and as far as we can tell, it is a safe drug, but it is still a drug. That means that some of the people that use it are people that do drugs. I'm talking about hard drugs like meth, heroin, crack, and others. These types of people do not care about their health or their life, and should be avoided.
Appreciate 0