View Single Post
      07-25-2022, 11:30 AM   #24
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
I suspect we probably agree more than you think. The amount of money in pro sports is ridiculous.

Since I'm an NBA guy, one of the things that cracks me up is all the players wanting a shorter season..........but they never seem to admit less games should equal less money. Or that means tickets will become even more expensive if they want to earn the same yearly salary for fewer games.

I was looking at a 10 game package for the fiance and I for the Thunder. $2500 for decent tickets.

Although now that I think about it, that's less per game than what we pay for season tickets to OK ST football. But that's supporting our Alma Mater, so I don't mind as much.
Well put.

At some point, something has to give. This notion that athletes are worth more because somebody else got a bigger contract is flawed when viewed in the long term. At some point, the prices of seeing a game in person or on a flat screen will be past even the most diehard fans such as yourself.

Fans continue to feed the greed. I get that. But until they stop, it will keep getting worse.

I suppose I'm part of the problem too. I took my grandson to a NHRA drag race in Sonoma yesterday. The ticket prices were fine at $75 for me and $25 for him. Even the NHRA hat for him was fine at $28. It looks great and he loves it. But, I stood in line for 20 minutes to get my grandson a hotdog and curly fries. $19 for one hot dog and another $19 for the curly fries (a brick and it's huge). No smaller choice available. Sadly, I paid it, paving the way for $22 hot dogs next year.

All in all, we had a great so no regrets.
Appreciate 2
GERMAN M34181.00