09-16-2022, 04:26 PM   #20
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
It comes with the team when you're a fan. I spent a lot of my childhood living a mile from the stadium, and my school bus used to pass it every day. As an adult, I used to be a season ticket holder and drive the 400 miles each way to attend games.

Scott Norwood was the kicker. Buffalo threw a huge party for the team after the loss, and Norwood received nothing but praise and support from the fans and team. The Bills Mafia is forgiving.

The movie was really "Ace Ventura, Pet Detective," but they substituted Dan Marino as the holder and the Miami Dolphins (the biggest Bills rival at the time).

The Bills were the betting favorite to win the Superbowl this year as the season started. It would be sweet for them to win it while Marv Levy is still alive (head coach for the SB losses and now 97 years old), just so that he can see the trophy finally come to Buffalo.....
Ya, out of that tragedy some pretty good movies were made loosely based on it. I don't think Buffalo ever had any sports successes (pls correct me if I'm wrong) so that 4 straight was pretty brutal.

Didn't know that about Levy, ya, go win one for the dude. Wow, they are rated as the best? Ok, fingers crossed.

Anyway, speaking of US football tragedies....any Falcons fans in here?
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0