View Single Post
      06-02-2020, 09:41 PM   #5
x35250
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5, Monte Carlo Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafan13 View Post
Thanks, but ~$290 for a pair w/the pads? oof. I wonder if the pad alone would be usable with a regular stand. Probably too wide. Maybe I need to just hit up a friend with access to a lift, lol.

edit: actually, those Rennstand pads are 2.5", which would fit just right into my stand. I'd have to cut off the base tube that goes into the Rennstand though, hmm. I do already have a regular jack pad, but annoyingly it's 2.75" wide, which won't work. I wonder if the powerflex branded one or one of the others would be 2.5"
The QuickJack I bought was about $1500 total. If you're doing a lot of work and have enough space, I would highly recommend it. Saves a ton of effort (other than dragging the frames back and forth) and is relatively low maintenance. It is among the best home lift options since you can use the lift points and raise all corners simultaneously.

I saw the Rennlist stands after and thought it was a pretty innovative ideas, if it can clear your car. They seem popular with the Porsche guys.
Appreciate 0