On the road to serfdom
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 DCT, 2019 Raptor

Garage List
2018 F80 M3 DCT  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
One of the reasons why we bought my wife's 2011 335is Coupe (being replaced by an 2018 M3 ZCP as soon as the car makes it to the dealer) is the burbles! The bespoke exhaust on that model is one of the best stock BMW exhaust systems I've ever heard.

During our 2011 Euro Delivery we would drive through small German/Austrian/Swiss/French towns with our windows down and back off the throttle. The narrow roads, with walls or buildings right up next to the road, would provide great surfaces to bounce the sound off. The car would just start burbling and burbling. And we would just start laughing and laughing because it sounded so good.

Fast forward to July 2018 and her 2018 M3 ZCP did the same thing. Burble, burble, burble. And we just started laughing and laughing again, just like we did in 2011. Glorious sound!

Enjoy the burble sounds while you can because in your lifetime, electric, or some other alternative fuel source cars, probably autonomous, will make no sound at all. Or it will be a fake sound...
Same. I love the burbles. Cracks me right up. I have the AA cat-back exhaust, so no valves for me. All burbles all the time