View Single Post
      02-24-2020, 10:25 AM   #25
Sweattdogg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 e90 M3/09 e90 335d/13 f10M5

Update. Did a service on the Diff and Transmission on Saturday.

Both were pretty easy despite being on my back with no lift. Trans was a messy job. I would advise getting 6 liters of fluid and good HD snap ring pliers. I had to file down the narrow pointed parts of the HD snap ring pliers I bought to make them wider/larger diamter and fit the snap ring more snug.

Got 4L in the transmission cold. After 2 min of 2k rpm I was able to add about another 1.5-2L with the engine idling and the temp approaching 40C.

I measured what came out and it was 5.5L. Side filter was pretty dirty. Fluid looked pretty good, but keep in mind I just drained the diff an hour before and that was nasty.

I'm at 80k, but the last owner who I know put 50k on in 2 years of mostly highway driving. I don't believe the fluid or filters had ever been changed and if they were it would have been before 30k. No change in shifting that I could tell in my test drive.

I also couldn't find any record of the diff being changed so did that as well. Oil was done 4k ago, so I will change in the next few hundred miles and send it to Blackstone for examination.
Appreciate 0