05-19-2013, 10:14 AM   #106
M54ccibo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2be View Post
Thanks for your report on the exhaust. With the cats out of the way, I am very curious as to how the stock system will sound. It probably won't have the tone of the aftermarket mufflers, but if it just becomes a little more 'present' that will be enough for me. Did Andrew mention anything about the ESS tune? Have they been able to avoid the display of warnings on the dash with the cats out of the system?
Based on what I heard, my guess is that the stock system will definitely be louder with downpipes. How much of the tone will remain is anyones guess, but based on the current IND setup I'd be inclined to think it will retain its tone. Hoping that is a case with my exhaust too.

Regarding the tune I spoke with Andrew and ESS directly. They are all said exactly the same thing...it is coming but have no solid timeframe or date. The IND car is headed to ESS now for more work...which is really good IMHO. Definitely going to have a CEL without a tune on the catless and unknown if the catted AMS pipe will throw a CEL as they have not been installed on a car.
'10 E60 M5, Space Gray/Black
Appreciate 0