View Single Post
      03-14-2019, 05:01 AM   #28
moejoe
United_States
Rep
Drives: Singapore Gray F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderG60 View Post
I got a carchex platiunum warranty, 2 months in my motor blew. It took them 7 weeks to approve the repairs while calling for un needed work to be done that they would not cover.

Stay away from them, they will waste your money while trying to not pay out.
Since you all are talking about third party warranty services, well let me chip in as well as I am dealing with Fidelity currently. I am in the same boat as you , 2 months in Engine started making a noise and it sounded like rod bearing.
I only drove it to work back and forth and took it to San Francisco once. Which is like an hour drive both ways. Any how long story short, two weeks ago, i got into the car and drove it to work, heard a small clunk right when i almost got to work. i thought that it was my exhaust made the noise or something. when i was leaving work the sound was more obvious and luckily my commute is very small and by the time i got home the engine was making the noise and it was not good. It seemed to be a sound of rod bearing. I immediately made an appointment at the dealership and got it towed there and heard the bad news from my SA that engine needs to be replaced as the foreman/tech found a metal piece in oil. I gave them Fidelity information and Fidelity asked them to get my authorization to get the oil pan dropped to see what the issue is exactly. I gave them the auth and they will probably call me in a day or two to let me know. I will keep you guys posted here, i am sure you all would be interested.
Appreciate 1